Friday, December 4, 2009

Tricks


Tricks By Ellen Hopkins
Tricks is a wonderful book about five teens with very different life styles and their story that is sugar coated with sex, lies, and prostitution. The trouble that all five teens manage to get into is amazing, and scary to read about. None of the characters know each other My favorite character was Eden Streit because she really did nothing wrong and the journey she went through for love is amazing. I liked all the characters except one and that is Cody Bennett he had other choices, his life could have been better. He caused a lot of his problems and the others didn't have much of a choice. Somehow four of the five get into this company called Have Your Cake and Eat it Too. I liked how Tricks was written in poetic novel form, that makes it a very fast read and even though it looks long it goes very fast! Every page you read there is something new going on. I loved it so much I could read it again. This book is very heavy so I would recommend it to mature readers and I believe that both boys and girls would enjoy.

1 comment:

  1. Good review! If I hadn't already read it, I'd definitely want to! Keep expanding your reviews of books as you write. I can't wait to read more from you.

    ReplyDelete